RECIPE: Vegan Banana & Sultana Flapjacks
Just before we went skiing, I threw a few leftover bananas in the freezer to avoid waste. Defrosted bananas are extremely unappetising to behold, but they’re great for mashing up and adding to flapjacks! This is a simple recipe for squidgy banana flapjacks - perfect for bright winter afternoons like this one. Feel free to swap the sultanas for chocolate chips if you’re feeling saucy.
RECIPE: VEGAN BANANA & SULTANA FLAPJACKS
2 medium bananas
200g rolled oats
4 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp vegan butter (I use Vitalite)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a small cake tin or baking tray.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl until soft and creamy.
3. Add the oats, golden syrup and vegan butter to the bananas and stir everything well until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Finally, add the sultanas and stir to disperse evenly.
5. Blob the mixture into the greased tin or tray, and push with the back of a spoon to ensure the mixture is dense and evenly spread.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or longer if you prefer your flapjacks more solid.